George E. Tragos
George E. Tragos is the managing partner of the Law Offices of Tragos, Sartes & Tragos where he has defended numerous highly publicized clients for over 30 years. As a former state and federal prosecutor, Mr. Tragos’ experience allows him to handle every type of case ranging from DUIs to highly complex litigation in state and federal courtrooms.
As a Board Certified Lawyer in Criminal Trial Law (an honor held by less than 1% of the 80,000+ members of the Florida Bar), Mr. Tragos possesses exceptional knowledge, skills and proficiency in criminal law. His certification is the highest level of recognition issued by the Florida Bar concerning an attorney’s competency and knowledge in their respective area of practice. Mr. Tragos holds an “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell (the highest possible rating issued by legal colleagues and judges in the community) and has been listed in numerous editions of SuperLawyers, Florida’s Top Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America and multiple volumes of Who’s Who in America and the World. Mr. Tragos has also been named a top attorney in Florida by The Wall Street Journal.
Mr. Tragos has been featured on NBC’s Dateline, FOX’s On the Record with Gretta VanSusteren, ABC’s Good Morning America, Inside Edition and CNN’s Nancy Grace. He has also appeared on numerous local news networks representing his clients and is a regular guest commentator on various national legal topics. Mr. Tragos is a frequent lecturer for continuing education seminars and is a long-standing guest lecturer on legal ethics at Stetson University College of Law. Additionally, Mr. Tragos is an acclaimed author whose professional works have appeared in numerous legal publications.
Well-known and respected by fellow attorneys and judges for his ethical and professional demeanor, Mr. Tragos’ vigor, resourcefulness and captivating courtroom presence are the keys to his success as a trial attorney.
Most of all, George E. Tragos is a family-man with deep roots in his community and a strong commitment to his Christian faith. He considers the honorable duty of diligently representing his clients and defending their rights enshrined in the Constitution as the most fulfilling aspect of his career.
- Staff Analyst for the Finance & Tax Committee of the Florida House of Representatives
- Chief of the Felony and Misdemeanor Divisions of the State Attorney’s Office
- Commissioner to the West German Government
- Chief of the Criminal Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Government representative in the courts of Switzerland during investigations within France, Switzerland and Austria
- Lead Trial Attorney for the President’s Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force
Legal and Community Leader
- Florida Bar Federal Practice Committee (former chairman)
- Criminal Law Section of the Florida Bar Association (former chairman)
- Florida Bar Rules and Evidence Committee (former chairman)
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (past president)
- Herbert Goldberg Criminal Law American Inn of Court (past president)
- Clearwater Bar Association (past president)
- Sixth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission (former member)
- Sixth Circuit Pro Bono Committee (former member)
- Sixth Circuit Grievance Committee (former member)
- Federal Court Grievance Committee (former member)
- Board of Visitors Regent University College of Law (present)
- Clearwater Beach Jaycees (former president)
- Pinellas County Unified Personnel System (board member)